Unfortunately, your air conditioning system will likely break down at some point. But the key is to be prepared for when that happens. The San Antonio, TX air conditioning repair and installation professionals at Cowboys Air Conditioning & Heating have over 25 years of experience offering quality services to our customers. We wanted to put together some tips for how to deal with an air conditioning system that breaks down.
What Causes An Air Conditioner to Suddenly Break Down?
We’ve responded to countless panicked calls from homeowners whose air conditioning has stopped working suddenly. At Cowboys AC, we offer 24/7 emergency San Antonio, TX air conditioning repair because we know how frustrating it can be to have your AC stop working right when you get home from work or in the middle of the night. Here are a few common causes of AC failure.
- Clogged air filter – Probably the most common cause of air conditioning problems is a clogged air filter. Your AC has a basic filter that keeps dirt and dust from getting inside. If it gets clogged it can cause a bunch of problems. Call the San Antonio, TX air conditioning repair specialists at Cowboys AC. We can get this issue resolved quickly.
- Low refrigerant or refrigerant pressure – Your air conditioning system circulates a refrigerant in order to cool your home. If it doesn’t have enough pressure or if it has a refrigerant leak it won’t be able to do that.
- Fan motor – If you aren’t getting any cool air out of your vents it could be that the fan motor isn’t spinning so it isn’t pushing any air through your ductwork. The San Antonio, TX air conditioning repair pros at Cowboys AC can diagnose this issue fast and get your system back up and working again.
What to Do If Your AC Breaks Down
So what can you actually do when your air conditioning system breaks down?
- Call for air conditioning repair – The San Antonio, TX air conditioning repair techs at Cowboys AC are available 24/7 for emergency HVAC services.
- Run your fans – Moving air through your home is a great way increase sweat evaporation off your body. As sweat evaporates it cools your skin.
- Take a cold shower – You can always hop in a bathtub full of cold water or take a long cold shower to lower your body temperature.
Make sure that you call the San Antonio, TX air conditioning professionals at Cowboys AC today if your air conditioning system is having any isuses.