Spring is here! While spring as a welcome relief after the cold of our Texas winters, it can be a real detriment to your sinuses. If you’re like many people, you’re probably struggling with the problem of seasonal allergies. If you’re doing your best to bypass these seasonal problems with the right medication, then adding an indoor air quality system in your San Antonio, TX home could also be a huge help.
Your indoor air quality also greatly impacts your overall comfort just like the temperature. If you have a bunch of contaminants cycling endlessly throughout your home then you’re bound to make the allergy symptoms you’re already experiencing even worse.
Ways to Boost Your Indoor Air Quality
There are a few ways that you can improve the overall health of your home in spring. Here are a few options:
- Insulate Your Home: When we think of indoor air quality, it’s likely that we think of the latest and greatest in IAQ technology. Before you allow your mind to wander over to high-grade filters and UV light technology make sure that you cover the basics. You can never achieve high indoor air quality in a whole that isn’t well insulated. Insulation keeps your conditioned air indoors while keeping contaminants outside and at bay. Don’t whip out the caulk on your own and try to do a DIY job though! Call our professional team and let us seal your home to perfection.
- Install one of the Following:
- An Air Filter: We’re not talking about the air filter that comes with your AC unit. A lot of people think that this performs air quality services but in actuality, it just keeps your air conditioner for getting dirty. You need a high-grade whole-house air filter if you want to boost your IAQ. We work with all the best brands and can show you the best options on the market.
- A dehumidifier: If there’s one word that can sum up a Texas summer it’s “humid.” Humidity is a big problem here just on the basis of comfort, but excess levels of humidity can also put your IAQ at risk. Installing a dehumidifier can help you breathe easier.
- A UV Air Purifier: Installing a UV air purifier can help you eliminate viruses, bacteria, and other contaminants from your ductwork. A UV air purifier works just like it sounds—it shines an ultraviolet light in your ductwork to eliminate potential IAQ problems. It helps to ensure that you’re breathing the cleanest air possible.
- Call for Duct Cleaning: The fastest and most efficient way to help your home’s IAQ is by scheduling a duct cleaning. Our duct cleaning services take a deep dive into your home’s venting system and get rid of any dust, dirt, grime, or debris that’s accumulated over the years. Make sure that you always contact a professional for these services.
If you want to beat the allergy problems of the spring season then make sure that you contact our team here at Cowboy’s Air Conditioning & Heating. You can call us today to schedule an appointment that will boost your indoor air quality.