As the heating season comes to a close, you may be tempted to put off any heating system repair needs that came up during winter. After all, you’re not going to need your heater for another 6 or 7 months, at least, right?
Unfortunately, that’s a really long time for San Antonio heating repairs to go unaddressed, particularly if you have a central system and the problems could be impacting the ductwork that’s shared with your central air conditioning system.
What Repair Signs Should I Watch Out or Listen For?
There are a number of symptoms that your heating system may experience that signal something is wrong. Of course, regular preventative maintenance will help our technicians spot and solve many of the small issues your heater might face before they become larger, more expensive emergencies.
However, if you haven’t scheduled maintenance within the past year, and you do notice any of the following signs of repair, it certainly warrants a call to our staff as soon as possible.
- You hear banging, groaning, whining, or any other unnatural sounds—it could be as simple as a loose component but could also be indicative of a problem with your air ducts.
- Your system isn’t heating your home efficiently, even though the thermostat indicates that your desired temperature has been met.
- Your energy bills have increased even though your heat usage has not, or you find that you’re paying considerably more than your neighbors despite comparable use.
- Your gas-powered furnace’s pilot light is burning yellow rather than the crisp blue color that it should be.
- Your furnace either will not start, or keeps running without cycling off.
What Causes Heater Malfunctions?
There are a number of factors that contribute to how well or how poorly your heater functions. For example, a faulty thermostat can cause your heating system to behave erratically. This is one problem you certainly wouldn’t want to wait to have repaired, as your thermostat very likely controls your cooling system too—which you’ll be needing again on a regular basis very soon.
There’s no reason to sacrifice your comfort or the comfort of your family during any time of the year. This is why it’s important to tackle HVAC system repairs as soon as problems crop up. A couple other potential causes of HVAC system failure include a leak in your air ducts, a clogged air filter, or a fault in the mechanical system.
Whether you are turning on your air conditioner tomorrow or wait a couple more weeks, you simply should not ignore any heating problems you had in the last couple of months. This increases the risk that you’ll face costly repairs in the future that might have been prevented, and/or you’ll be stuck with a malfunctioning cooling system in the middle of summer.
In some cases, ignoring repair issues could even result in premature system breakdown, and can negatively impact the efficiency of your system.
If you suspect you’re in need of quality professional heating repairs, then look no further than Cowboys Air Conditioning & Heating. Contact us today!