Do you ever wonder if your thermostat can go “bad?” It’s not typically something that everyone thinks about, but it is a possibility. A thermostat doesn’t necessarily have a set lifespan you can expect them to last around a decade. After this time you might start to experience malfunctioning, dust accumulation, or inefficient operation.
Your next step after figuring out that your thermostat has seen better days is determining whether you should repair or replace your thermostat. It can be a hard decision to make. We’ve created this helpful guide in our blog so that you can make that decision a lot faster. If you need a great HVAC company in San Antonio, TX to help you through the process then make sure you contact our team.
Call Us for Repair If…
It’s time for you to call our team for repair if you can relate to any of the following:
- Your AC or Heater Won’t Start: Do you ever try to dial down your thermostat to try to cool off, wait for a minute, and then realize that the system never turns on? A wiring defect can cause your thermostat to lose its connection to your heating and cooling system. A wiring problem is something that you need a professional for. Make sure you contact our team if you notice these problems.
- Your Air Conditioner Runs Constantly: When you turn on your air conditioner does it run for a ridiculously long amount of time? The source of this type of trouble is either with your wiring or with your air conditioning unit’s compressor. Make sure you contact our team if you’re having this type of trouble.
Signs That It’s Time to Replace Your System
It’s time for you to take a step past repair and move to replacement if your thermostat has these problems.
- Changing Your Batteries Didn’t Help: Have you already tried to resolve your thermostat issues? If your thermostat acts strangely even after you’ve changed the batteries in your home then you need to change to tap in a professional from our team.
- You Have Hot and Cold Spots in Your Home: Do you have trouble trying to heat or cool your home evenly? The temperature throughout your home will naturally vary a little bit but it should never vary drastically. This is often caused by a system turning on and off in irregular cycles. Make sure you contact our team to resolve these issues with skill.
- Your Thermostat is Unresponsive: If your thermostat isn’t responding to your commands then it’s time to call in a professional. Even if this is the first time you’re encountering this type of problem it’s such an egregious issue that it’s grounds for replacement.
If you’re ready to replace your thermostat then you should consider a Wi-Fi or smart thermostat. If you settle for a dial or merely digital thermostat you’re not getting the best service from your air conditioner or heater. Contact our team to learn more about your options.
If you’re ready to upgrade your current thermostat to a Wi-Fi or smart thermostat model make sure you contact our team. Call our team members at Cowboy’s Air Conditioning & Heating to schedule an appointment.