A heat pump repair need can pop up a few times over the years that you use your system. While largely reliable, a heat pump isn’t invincible.
If your heat pump is struggling to keep your home comfortable. then it is worthwhile to have it checked out by a trained professional.
Here are some of the warning signs to watch for that will tell you when it is time to repair your heat pump system. If you pick up on these indicators or notice something else seems off with your system, it is worthwhile to talk to a technician.
5 Signs Your Heat Pump Needs an Expert Repair
If your heat pump starts to produce these warning signs, it is best to reach out to our team of professionals to address the problem.
- The heat pump has gotten noisy. A heat pump is known for being quieter during operation. That means new noises are going to be very apparent. Sounds such as rattling, hissing, screeching, buzzing, and crackling, are all worth extra attention. These are all indicators of different issues.
- Your heat pump is short cycling. Heating and cooling cycles are meant to last around 15 minutes before shutting off. If the cycle is shortened to less than 10 minutes, then it is a sign that your system is struggling with something that is stopping it from doing its job properly.
- It is stuck in heating or cooling mode. Heat pumps are great for keeping your home comfortable all year long. At least they should be able to do that. A heat pump with a bad reversing valve may get stuck in one mode until a technician is able to fix or replace that part.
- Your temperature control is poor. Your heat pump is running but it isn’t getting the temperature in your home to where it needs to be. This is a sign that something is wrong with your heat pump, such as a refrigerant leak. It may also be worthwhile to get your thermostat checked as there may be a problem with its connection to your heat pump.
- Energy bills are too high. Keep tabs on your energy bills. Large spikes in your monthly payments may be an indicator of a bigger issue with your heat pump. When your system struggles to heat or cool your home, it may eat up extra energy to try to get the job done.
Getting repairs scheduled for your heat pump as soon as you notice a problem is always the best option. This is because investing in repairs now is going to be beneficial to you and your system all year long. What’s more, prompt repairs will help with maximizing your system lifespan and keeping those energy bills reasonable.
If and when you need heat pump repairs, you can trust the team at Cowboys Air Conditioning & Heating to get your system taken care of. We are always going to be prompt, professional, and effective with our work.
Our professionals are ready to take care of you when you reach out. Contact Cowboys Air Conditioning & Heating today to schedule an appointment with our professionals.